Sunday, March 13, 2011

All by myself...

I wanna be...all by myself...

You love incorrectly-quoted Celine Dion songs, right? You're welcome.

Actually, the hubby left for a business trip today and I am by myself, except for the kids, the dog and my own angst. I can't decide what to do with myself. I'm getting over a cold so I could just be lazy all day, but the house is a mess so I should do some work. The kids want to take Maya to the dog park, but it's raining so we can't walk without getting soaked. I really would love to have some alone time, but I feel guilty every time I do that. I'd like to go shopping and do my leisurely, stare at everything as long as I want, relaxed kind of trip, but I can't do that with the kids (Baby Girl never stops chatting and Lex starts asking to move on from one area after about a minute). Lex wants to work on our choreography to Justin Bieber's Never Say Never. I can't come up with a good reason NOT to do that.

I'm thinking after that we'll all go out to the garage so they can watch High School Musical while I work out. At least I'll feel somewhat accomplished even if they're just being lazy. But what I really want to do is crawl back into bed and sleep for 10 hours.

Lex started hip hop class this past week. He adores it - the instructors are both guys who liked him immediately, and he's the youngest and the only boy. But man, can he freestyle. The kid is so confident in front of other people. It reminds me of me when I was his age - I loved to perform, dance, sing, spell (I won a couple of spelling bees) and I had a lot of confidence in front of people. Makes sense considering I'm a teacher now - teachers are nothing if not performers.

I went to the counselor about my parents' divorce yesterday. When I was done, after talking and bawling for an hour, I was exhausted. No earth-shattering revelations or anything, and really, nothing that I hadn't already figured out myself, but she was easy to talk to and it's probably good to have someone who gets paid to listen to me whine. Everyone else is getting pretty sick of me. :-)

Baby Girl just ran in and announced that she shared her pretzel with Big Brother because he asked nicely. I should go - pretzels and hip-hop choreography fun will ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment