Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More hours, please

As if there weren't already too few hours in a day, Daylight Savings has to go and take another one away from me. I'm still all kerfuffled.

So my day today. It's 9:20 and I'm waiting for a load of laundry to dry so I can get in the shower. How is it that when the husband is gone, things seem to go more smoothly, but I still seem to have less time?

What I did today:
5:50 a.m. - Get up, get dressed, get kids up, get kids dressed, get everyone snacked, let dog out and in, do hair, grab stuff, get out the door.

6:20 - Leave the house, drive kids to school

7:00 - Drop kids off, hugs, kisses, leave for work

7:15 - Get to work, grade papers, teach teach teach, grade more papers, plan, copy, teach teach teach, power outage, teach, grade more papers, copy, read for planning

3:45 - Rush out the door to get the kids and drive home to pick up the video camera and let the dog out

4:45 - Pick up my mom, head to Boy's hip-hop class

5:00 - Record videos of Boy booty-shaking and head bobbing, entertain Baby Girl while Boy dances with stories and puzzles

6:00 - Pick up McDonald's on the way to Tae Kwon Do, eat (feeding Baby Girl one apple slice, then one chicken nugget at a time since she likes to play with her food and take FOREVER to eat it)

6:45 - Drop off Mom and Boy at Tae Kwon Do, run to Walgreens to drop off Mom's Redbox video and pick up some cough drops for her, laugh at Baby Girl as she refuses to follow me as I leave an aisle because she has to "find where this sippy goes!" (she's just as anal as her mommy), head back to Tae Kwon Do

7:00 - Get back to Tae Kwon Do, let Mom watch Baby Girl as I do some more reading for school, take Baby Girl to the potty, get coats on kids, gather everybody together to get back in the car

7:45 - Drop off Mom, get home, let dog out, brush teeth, get pajamas on, read Baby Girl stories, put Baby Girl in bed, have Boy read his book (he's reading to his class at some point this month and has to practice a story of his choice), have Boy practice his sight words flash cards, read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, put Boy in bed, kisses, tucks, close door, take a breath.

But wait, we're not done.

8:15 - Get load of laundry out of dryer, put load into dryer, put load into washer

8:30 - Start folding laundry, phone rings, talk to sister-in-law about crappy parental situation (while folding laundry), hang up the phone, try to watch Desperate Housewives while folding, get bored, turn off TV, put some laundry away

9:00 - Phone rings, tell Husband that I haven't even gotten in the shower yet and I've got laundry to do, hang up, do some more laundry, throw up my hands and say fuck it, sit down at computer and start reading my blogs and checking email (including work email)

9:20 - Finish an email to a parent, start blogging.

I'm still not done for the day. I've got more reading to do for work, more laundry to do, and a shower to take, all before 11 when I'll finally collapse into bed.

It's now 9:39. Tick tock. What did you do all day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment